Serving New Mexico
HAVE YOU BEEN INJURED
If you have been injured at work, you may think of Workmen’s Comp is there to help you out. However, Workmen’s Comp was originally started as insurance for the company and not the employee. So, it takes tough and dedicated attorneys like Ornelas & Serna Law to make sure that you are getting compensated for your injuries. Your company probably has plenty of lawyers and company doctors, why would you let them decide how injured you are?
Not All Injuries Are Visible
Commercial Vehicle Accidents
Commercial vehicle accidents happen daily in New Mexico. You must have a legal team that will fight for your rights and compensation.
18 Wheeler Accidents
When an 18 wheeler is involved in an accident on the New Mexico roads it can cause injuries, damage, and death. Speak to a lawyer to know your rights.
Drunk Driver Accidents
Drinking and driving is not only illegal it’s deadly. We know that these accidents happen multiple times per day in New Mexico and you must be protected.
Want to learn more about how we help fight for you?
Steps For Getting Help For Workplace Injuries
- Notify Your Supervisor – You have a very limited time to report, usually under 24 hours.
- Seek Medical Attention Immediately
- Documentation – You need to get documentation and a written report of the accident
- Witnesses – Make sure to collect witness reports if you can and list all the witnesses
- Evidence – Take photos of where the accident occurred and anything else that may have lead to it
- Account – While everything is fresh, you write down the entire incident with as many details as possible
- Legal Help – Contacting legal help as soon as possible will help ensure that your rights are respected and you get the help you need
What Are Some Common Causes Of Workplace Injuries?
- Improper Maintenance
- Slip and Fall
- Explosions and Fires
- Unsafe or Improperly Maintained Equipment
- Forklift Accidents
- Toxic Substances
- Management Neglect
- Electrical Accidents
- Hit by Moving Equipment
- Not Being Given the Correct Safety Equipment
What Sort Of Injuries Did You Suffer?
- Injured backs
- Chemical or Asbestos Exposure
- Sexual Harassment
- Hostile Work Environments
- Broken bones
- Severed nerves
If you have suffered any of these injuries, you need to make sure you get the justice you deserve.
It isn’t’ just medical bills that you may need to be compensated for, it can be for things you never even thought of.
- Lifetime payments for permanent scarring or disability
- Lifetime care for an injured back or body part
- Mental health care to recover from workplace harassment or bullying
- Reimbursement for lost wages
- Pain and suffering
- Lifetime insurance costs
- Loss of vacation, 401k, promotion opportunities
- Chiropractic care
The rules due vary from one industry to the next, but no matter what, you have rights! You work hard to provide for you and yours, so should your lawyer. Only a lawyer that is on your side and is dedicated to making sure you are compensated for your injuries will do. Ornelas & Serna Law are the lawyers you need on your side.
You Have Questions
No matter how you got hurt at work, you need to find out your rights today. Whether you wear a suit and tie or a company uniform, you have rights! You need smart legal counsel that will help you understand your rights, and make sure you get justice. Call Ornelas & Serna Law today.